General Accountant G/L
Boston North Shore, US
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking a General Accountant - G/L to join our accounting team located at our Boston North Shore office location! This position will provide corporate accounting services including financial statement preparation, bank reconciliations, general ledger account analysis and reconciliations, preparing and posting journal entries, preparing supporting schedules, and performing financial statement analysis of account variances. Come join our team!
The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of all asset/liability accounts, providing supporting schedules and backup.
- Responsible for preparation of financial statements.
- Prepares and enters monthly journal entries.
- Recording of payroll and benefit transactions with the Human Resource department in the general ledger.
- Reconcile payroll, payroll tax, with ADP quarterlies and employee benefit accounts verifying transactions recorded in accordance with company policy.
- Working with General Accountant maintaining proper job costing for all books in work-in-progress .
- Responsible for the accurate recording, amortization and reconciliation of prepaid expenses.
- Working with the General Accountant manages fixed assets, ensuring proper procedures around asset purchase and disposal.
- Prepare audit schedules that accurately balance to trail balance and answer auditor's questions regarding those schedules.
- Perform expense and variance analysis reporting needed for tradeshow and other expense accounts as requested by the Controller.
- Recommend to Accounting Manager improvements in processes where possible.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting for management as required.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- Advanced Excel and computer skills.
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years' progressive General Ledger experience.
- Manufacturing/Cost Accounting experience is a plus.
- Dynamic G/P system experience is a plus.
- Full range of experience in accounting areas including General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Collections and Billing, Accounts Payable and Inventory Accounting. Job Cost Knowledge is Preferred, but not required.
- Approaches work in a meticulous and thorough manner with a strong attention to details.
- Ability to recognize and understand the cross functional impact of transactions.
- A high degree of accuracy in all areas of work.
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.