To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking a Production Assistant to assist the Production Manager with support on new titles and co-edition management/tracking as well as managing backlist reprints, assisting with Fedex invoice approval and inventory management. This role will be located in our SoCal office location! Come join our creative team and help make beautiful books that enrich our reader's lives!
The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Prepare book specifications for quotes.
- Assist Production department gathering printing or reprint quotes from approved vendors.
- Compile print packet information from various sources.
- Assist with updating production schedules and reports.
- Execute printing/reprint purchase orders to vendors, including short-run POD vendors.
- Source components, negotiate pricing and coordinate delivery to printers.
- Work within procedures and in conjunction with the Production Manager to assist with all safety lab testing, file and deliver passing reports to customers as required.
- Coordinate shipping details and deliveries.
- Check and approve vendor invoices.
- Traffic packages to and from vendors for production.
This role will require the following skills and qualifications:
- Strong computer skills with database management.
- Thorough proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially with Word & Excel; Firebrand experience a plus but training will be provided.
- Organized and methodical work habits, especially with consistent filing and file naming.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Good with math and numbers.
- Bachelor's degree
- Preferably one to two years book production experience, but willing to train the right applicant.
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.