Subtitle 40 Activities to Amaze & Astound! Perform Science Experiments Using Ingredients From Your Own Kitchen! Even Includes the Kitchen Sink!
With real science tools and a book of action-packed STEAM activities, conduct exciting experiments that fizz, pop, change color, disappear, crystallize, defy gravity, shrink, grow, and EXPLODE!
Can water move uphill? What’s the structure of a bubble? What makes slime so slimy? With Kitchen Science Lab, find out the answers to these questions and more as you make alien eyeballs, marshmallow monsters, invisible ink, marbled paper, and glowing slimes! This exciting science kit includes a sink that can be used for both experiments and storage, and a shelf that doubles as a test-tube rack. Kitchen chemistry allows for open-ended, trial-and-error experimentation using common household ingredients and some uncommon ones that are provided. Mixing acids and bases to create geysers of foam, layering fluids of different densities to create a vertical rainbow, experimenting with osmosis and surface tension—these are the building blocks of scientific exploration and discovery.
The 36-page science book features 40 science experiments. As you experiment, you’ll explore the science principles of osmosis, density, capillary action, cross-linked polymers, non-Newtonian fluids, surface tension, spherification, fluorescence, superabsorbent polymers, and more. Kitchen Science Lab is a great parent-child activity kit and is the perfect introduction to basic kitchen chemistry.
- 40 STEAM activities to amaze & astound: From Alien Eyeballs to Yeasty Beasties, conduct awesome science experiments using the specialized tools and ingredients in this kit along with ingredients from your own kitchen
- 25-piece kit even includes the kitchen sink: Kitchen Sink of Science, Kitchen Science Shelf of Activity (fits into the Sink), large beaker (400 mL), Erlenmeyer flask, petri dish, graduated cylinder (60 mL), small beaker (120 mL), test tubes, pipette (160 mm), funnel, balloon, plastic tubing (30 cm), syringe (10 mL), stirring sticks, pH strips, sodium alginate (10 g), expanding polymer spheres (10 g), glow-in-the-dark powder (1 g), and 36-page illustrated book packed with experiments
- Kitchen sink experiment platform doubles as storage: Use the Kitchen Sink of Science as your lab station, then use it to keep the lab equipment corralled when not in use
- Includes hard-to-find ingredients: Though some experiments require household ingredients not included
- 36-page book explains the science behind the fun: Learn the scientific principles of capillary action, surface tension, density, osmosis, polymers, crystals, non-Newtonian fluids, acids and bases, and more
- Perfect for budding scientists ages 8+: Great for play dates, birthday parties, sleepovers, and family nights