Inventory Cost Accountant
Boston North Shore, US
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking an Inventory Cost Accountant to join our accounting team at our Boston North Shore office location! The role will be responsible for a variety of inventory and accounting tasks to ensure accurate records. This individual will need strong analytical skills, the ability to recognize and understand the cross functional impact of transactions. and be highly detail oriented with strong problem solving skills.
The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Review & process HGB warehouse feed batches (includes researching issues)
- Inventory transfers
- Inventory transactions (adjustments)
- Purchasing receiving's (standard, consignment, firm items, add landed cost)
- Review, research & correct general ledger activity
- Set Up, review & break down freight bills
- Provide receipt #'s by line item to Accounts Payable
- Review, process, receive to GP (including landed costs) and forward to billing all drop shipment & HHC documents
- Review and process Lightening Source AOD invoice
- Create, enter & receive purchase order to GP for all AOD sale item
- Review and process unprocessed HBG transaction report
- Month-end: Perform inventory variance analysis in non-consignment and consignment warehouses, recommending adjustments as required
- Reconcile Purchase Clearing
- Create Negative Inventory batch, send to it & post correction batch
- Prepare and invoice consignment billings (Throughout the month)
- Create consignment and E-Book accrual spreadsheets
- Prepare, create, enter & receive PO, and prepare & Invoice POD billings (Throughout the month)\
- Additional duties as assigned
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum of 3 year experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant.
- Experience in MS Dynamics GP and or Firebrand a plus.
- Experience analyzing cost related data.
- Experience within the publishing industry a plus, but not required.
- Advanced MS Excel experience.
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a wide range of competitive benefits! Please visit our website at: http://www.quartoknows.com/Corporate/Employment/
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.