Inventory Cost Accountant
Boston North Shore, US
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking an Inventory Cost Accountant to join our accounting team at our Boston North Shore office location! The role will be responsible for a variety of inventory and accounting tasks to ensure accurate records. This individual will need strong analytical skills, the ability to recognize and understand the cross functional impact of transactions. and be highly detail oriented with strong problem solving skills.
The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Reconcile inventory transfers between warehouses.
- New item set-up in job costs system.
- Process destroyal and rework requests.
- Manage raw material accounting process.
- Reconcile inventory transfers for all acquisitions.
- Handle new Co-edition/ Royalty Set-up in Dynamics GP.
- Verify print POs before being sent to HBG, attaching ship quantities to correct warehouses.
- Match invoice from printer and freight invoice to receiving, fully loading landed costs.
- Enter & maintain PO and receipts for drop ships of published product & Co-editions for all imprints.
- Handle product cost updates.
- Ensure product costs are accurate.
- Upload detail into Dynamics GP via EDI process for larger consignment accounts.
- Process sales and inventory transactions in Dynamics GP for all consignment accounts.
- Process consignment return transactions in Dynamics GP.
- Assist with consignment reporting.
- Post daily receipt file and reconcile errors / variances.
- Post daily inventory transaction file and reconcile errors.
- Perform inventory variance analysis in non-consignment and consignment warehouses, recommending adjustments as required.
- Reconcile Purchases Clearing.
- Research and resolve negative inventory balances.
- Manage E-book and consignment accruals.
- Process trade show sales.
- Process POD sales and inventory transactions in Dynamics GP from Lightning Source.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant.
- Experience in MS Dynamics GP a plus.
- Experience analyzing cost related data.
- Experience within the publishing industry a plus, but not required.
- Advanced MS Excel experience.
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.