Supply Planning Manager
Boston North Shore, US
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking an Supply Planning Manager for our Boston North Shore office location. This position will oversee a large portfolio of book and toy items to insure adequate levels of inventory, adherence to spend and budget requirements, coordination of disposition and to provide reporting and KPIs to management.
The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Analyze inventory levels and product demand to determine reorder levels, ensuring product availability, while meeting inventory cost requirements.
- Focus on top selling products and assure availability at all times
- Liaise with Publishing, Sales, Operations and Accounting staff.
- Responsible for insuring overall accuracy of inventory records and costs.
- Manage the overstock process including monthly recommendations, coordination with Publishers and Operations on approvals, partnering with 3rd party for remainder sales and coordinating with Finance on excess and reserves.
- Manage the disposition of returned product and their final disposition. Coordinate with 3rd party distribution center on refurbishment, destroys, returns ranking/single title sorting, and pallet build configurations.
- Manage the monthly inventory reconciliation process for all Quarto US product, in all warehouses (including consignment customers).
- Develop systems and procedures required to meet stock level and turn objectives.
- Run reprint meetings for all assigned imprints.
- Compile demand and forecast needs through meetings with sales team.
- Based on demand, forecasts and current stock levels, prepare reprint recommendations to be presented to publishers during reprint meetings.
- Prepare required documents for all pre-approved reprints, following documents through final authorization.
- Work closely with Production team members and print vendors to ensure that receipt dates are met for business critical reprints.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Superb relationship management skills with the ability to influence and create partnerships.
- Good quantitative analytical skills with ability to solve problems.
- Ability to translate data into actionable information and drive positive results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to forge strong cross-functional working relationships.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of inventory management experience.
- Good understanding of Supply Chain Metrics.
- Microsoft office with excellent spreadsheet skills (pivot tables, vlookups).
- Prior experience with book publishing a big plus.
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.