This richly illustrated book offers a complete guide to building model truck kits, across all of the popular scales.
Concentrating on civilian vehicles, renowned modeller George Dent describes the fundamental processes involved in kit-building, including preparation and assembly of components, detailing and modification work including custom fittings, plus an in-depth look at painting and weathering techniques. Featuring a range of popular, readily available kits and materials, and suitable for modellers of all abilities, each project is clearly explained in an illustrated, step-by-step format.
With over 650 colour images, this book includes:
- Core kit-building practices: preparation, assembly, painting, tools and adhesives
- Making the most of the kit’s components: simple and innovative ways to maximize realism
- Adding extra details: fabricating your own parts and off-the-shelf upgrade kits
- Modifying and improving cab interiors: adding figures and ephemera
- Essential painting techniques to produce a showroom-quality paint finish
- A comprehensive guide to weathering.
Kits are featured in all of the popular scales: 1:72, 1:48, 1:35, 1:32 and 1:24.