Marketing Copywriter & Insights
The Old Brewery, United Kingdom
Work in partnership with Editors and Marketers to refine descriptive copy, including book description, author bio, key selling points, BIC/BISAC/THEMA codes, and keywords for all UK titles as part of the book's publishing strategy. Will continue to update copy on all titles as new information is available.
Conduct A/B testing where appropriate to refine our approach and report on the effectiveness of changes made using sales data via Nielsen or internal systems.
Should be a team player and demonstrate skill with excellent copywriting, SEO, organization, attention to detail and communication.
Key Results Areas
- A. Work with Editors and Marketers to craft compelling copy for each new frontlist title, utilising metadata best practices to maximise title discoverability.
- Help craft book copy information, including catalogue and online descriptions, author bios, key selling points, and relevant keywords.
- Outsource and manage freelance copywriters to write copy for titles as needed.
- Organise workload for efficient time-management – schedule, track and oversee the development of copy, and manage freelance copywriters to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of copy through careful proofreading, including freelance copywriters copy.
- B. Update relevant copy for backlist titles, utilising metadata best practices to maximise title discoverability.
- Add endorsements, quotes, and reviews to the title as they come in.
- Update author bios with new information such as new books, awards, etc., as they become available.
- Review Amazon reviews and add relevant keywords and adjust copy description accordingly.
- Add trending keywords to appropriate backlist titles – could include new trends (i.e., hygge), as well as movie-tie ins.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of copy through careful proofreading.
A. Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Superior written communication skills, with the ability to write persuasive copy for multiple audiences with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as partner with others and work well within a team.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to adhere to multiple deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills and able to recruit and manage freelance copywriters.
- Willingness to learn and adapt as job and/or organisation changes.
- Understanding of and appreciation for enthusiasts and enthusiast publishing.
- Computer skills, including familiarity with spreadsheets, word processing, and desktop publishing programs.
- B. Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing, communication, or business.
- Minimum of three years copywriting experience in advertising, direct marketing, promotion, or publishing.
Please send you CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org