To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking a Senior Licensing Editor to manage all editorial work from concept to publication for a variety of pop culture and entertainment-related licensed books, and act as the team leader on those designated projects. This role will assist in the development of a strong commercial publishing list that taps into pop culture events and fan-centric content. This position will be located in our Seattle office location as a part of our becker&mayer! division. Come join the team!
The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Oversee the development, editing, design, and production of a wide range of licensed titles in both straight book and novelty format.
- Research and enlist appropriate authors, helping to expand our stable of highly skilled writers
- Independently perform developmental and line editing for book projects and titles, often providing written content, including cover copy and image captions
- Collaborate with team members in the development and delivery of high-quality and innovative book designs and formats
- Serve as the primary creative contact with licensors and client contacts for specific book projects throughout the creative development and production process
- Assist Publisher and Editorial Director in creating a strong list of pop culture and commercially relevant title
- Work creatively and collaboratively with team members to develop and deliver high-quality book concepts
- Research market trends, competing titles, franchise developments, pop culture events, and relevant brands
- Write sell sheets, concept briefs, catalog copy, and other content in support of project concepts
- Prepare publishing packs for management review, including concept write-ups, competitive titles, key selling points, author bios, etc.
- Actively contribute to and lead brainstorming sessions with the creative team
- Serve as project manager and editorial lead for 6 to 8 titles and 8 to 10 concept development projects at a time.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- A minimum of 8 years' editorial experience in publishing
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience working with branded or licensed product
- Knowledge of all aspects of publishing with an emphasis on book development and production
- Strong planning and organizational skills as well excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong editing ability, i.e., developmental, substantive, and line editing
- A proven record of meeting deadlines and budgets while maintaining the highest level of quality control
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships, both internal and external
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects and effectively prioritize within tight deadlines
- Have an active interest in pop culture and licensed products: movies, TV, comic book, video games, and entertainment brands, with emphasis on science fiction and fantasy
- Demonstrate discretion with confidential and proprietary information
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Behind the scenes