IT Support Technician
Boston North Shore, US
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking an IT Support Technician/Help Desk Technician to be the main point of contact for resolving any and all logistical issues for U.S. offices working from our Beverly, MA office.This person is responsible for increasing the overall productivity of the users, and for ensuring utmost customer satisfaction in the users' day-to-day experience with any and all hardware and software. This is an outward facing position, and requires utmost professionalism, and efficiency. A proactive demeanor with excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills is desired.
The key responsibilities for this role are :
- Resolve help desk issues for all U.S. offices and overlap support for UK offices
- Configure and maintain desktops, laptops, tablets, and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and monitors
- Understand the capabilities of new hardware platforms and systems software and recommend use of new features
- Install, configure, and support application software
- Install operating system and application updates and security patches
- Remove old equipment and perform data migration to new machines
- Test new operating systems and applications
- Plan and perform OS and application upgrades
- Troubleshoot and resolve software errors, LAN/WAN network connectivity and hardware issues
- Maintain inventory of end user hardware equipment, and installed software
- Document steps taken to resolve help desk tickets
- Monitor Anti-virus/Malware updates and reports, clean, repair, and re-build infected systems
- Document system configuration and installation for new operating systems and applications
- Support video conferencing hardware
If you have the following skills & qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer-related field or 2-3 years of related experience
- Experience in relational databases, UNIX, Windows, MB Office, Access, Novell Networking
- Ability to make logical decisions quickly
- Customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to preserve confidentiality
...then we want to hear from you!
Please submit resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.