Subtitle The Absolute Beginner's Guide: Learn By Doing - Step-by-Step Basics + 9 Projects
Description Description Learn how to knit with this easy-to-follow beginner’s guide featuring step-by-step photo-illustrated instruction on every essential technique and nine simple projects using them.
Knitting is much more than just a way to make something. With minimal investment of time and money, you’ll soon discover that the process of knitting is relaxing and even therapeutic
. With its calming rhythmic motion, you’ll look forward to your quiet time with needles and yarn.First Time Knitting
teaches you a range of knitting skills, from the most simple and basic to more advanced
techniques that will launch you confidently into the full spectrum of knitting options. Each chapter begins by teaching the skills needed to make the projects in that chapter. As you progress through the book, new techniques are introduced that build on the skills that were presented earlier. Learn about:
- Basic knitting, from choosing a yarn and tools to your first techniques (Projects: Garter Stitch Scarf and Scarf Knit with Two Yarns)
- Creating texture by combining different stitches (Projects: Baby Blocks Blanket and Seed Stitch Table Runner plus Variation)
- Shaping by increasing and decreasing stitches (Project: Leaf Edge Shawl)
- Knitting in the round with circular needles (Project: Easy Knit Hat)
- Putting it all together by picking up stitches and making seams (Projects: Directional Blocks Scarf and Baby Bathrobe)
There’s a first time for everything. Enjoy the journey and achieve success with First Time Knitting
Each book in the First Time series
distills how-to guidance and advice from an expert on a specific topic into targeted step-by-step instruction geared toward the absolute beginner.