Cake decorating has never been more fun—or easier! The Complete Photo Guide to Cake Decorating has all the instruction you need to create beautiful cakes for any occasion.
This clearly organized resource for all levels is like having a cake decorating workshop in a book. Discover useful tips for embellishing with buttercream
, royal icing
, gum paste
, and more. The easy-to-follow instructions and 1,000-plus photos include techniques for piping
, string work
, creating and shaping a variety of flowers
, molding chocolate
, and adding patterns with stencils.
Learn every facet of baking and embellishing with clear photos on almost every page
. Let cake pro Autumn Carpenter show you how to create striking florals, borders, and accents with silicone molds, hand modeling, pastry tips, cookie cutters, and more. Take your skills up a notch and wrap a cake in chocolate, make decorations with isomalt, and use gum paste for quilling. Try new techniques with confidence, and get inspired by a gallery of colorful ideas
for holiday cakes, birthday cakes, children’s cakes, wedding cakes, and special occasion cakes.
This detailed book includes:
- Cake preparation and baking basics
- Recipes for fillings and icings
- Ideas and instruction for decorating cupcakes
- Piping techniques for making lifelike and fantasy flowers, eye-catching borders, distinctive lettering, and more
- Instructions for creating appealing accents like beading, ropes, and lace using fondant and gum paste
- Key decorating tools and how to use them
- Techniques for incorporating airbrushing, edible frosting, and chocolate molding for one-of-a-kind designs
With this comprehensive guide you can get started today making your own unique cakes!
The Complete Photo Guide series includes all the instruction you need to pursue your creative passion. With hundreds of clear photos, detailed step-by-step directions, handy tips, and inspirational ideas, it’s easy and fun to try new projects and techniques and take your skills to the next level.