Subtitle 21 Hands-On Nature Activities
Explore the wide world of science right outside your door with this portable, all-in-one kit!
Outdoor Science Lab – Bugs, Dirt, & Plants is packed with more than 21 hands-on-activities and real science tools that invite kids to identify, classify, measure, test, and analyze the world around them. The kit features a clip-on macro lens compatible with your smartphones and tablets (not included). The lens allows for extreme close-ups of tiny creatures and objects.
The 32-page illustrated science book features experiments related to soil, bugs, rocks, plants, and water. Kids will discover how to test the pH of soil and rainwater, observe insect behavior under UV light, classify plants, and identify backyard animal tracks. They’ll also learn how plants breathe, why leaves change color, the importance of trees to life on Earth, and much more!
- Exciting STEM learning in the great outdoors: Kids explore botany, geology, entomology, chemistry, physics, and hydrology with the specialized tools and activity book of this educational kit
- Includes 17 pieces for exploring nature: Bug-Nabber bug catcher, UV night scope, night scope attachment clip, nature scope viewer with magnifying lens, macro lens with clip, macro lens focusing base, 2 collect & store compartments, beaker, 10 pH test strips, 2 take-along ID charts, and a 32-page science activity book
- More than 21 hands-on nature activities, endless hours of outdoor fun: Science-based activities encourage kids to get outside and explore their yard, park, and schoolgrounds as they become dirt detectives, hunt for bugs, embark on plant quests, and more
- Look! The custom macro lens clips onto any smart phone or tablet for extreme close-up photos and videos of bugs and insects; the image can be enlarged to fill the screen and reveal the smallest details
- Collect! Includes a large bug nabber for safely catching and releasing insects
- Discover! Take-along identification charts help young scientists identify and categorize common plants, insects, fungi, and rocks
- Perfect for budding scientists ages 8+: Great, portable activities for play dates, sleepovers, family outings, and at-home learning