Subtitle Companion Planting for Beauty and Bounty
Description Description Fight garden pests and increase your yields the natural way with this tried-and-true technique!
Planting vegetables and flowers together
is one of the oldest ways to create a healthy, bountiful garden
. Adding flowers to your food garden improves biodiversity, enhances pollination, and increases the numbers of beneficial pest-eating insects—with the bonus of providing beautiful bouquets of cut flowers to brighten your home and give to your family and friends.
Vegetables Love Flowers
explains the benefits of interplanting flowers and vegetables; offers detailed advice on how to add a cutting garden of vibrant annuals to your vegetable garden
; gives profiles of a range of pollinators and beneficial predators; and provides plenty of general gardening guidance featuring natural methods.
Alongside gorgeous garden photography
, you’ll learn about:
- Garden planning, seed-starting, growing, and harvesting
- How to make garden flower bouquets, with “recipes” for various arrangements
- How to attract beneficial creatures to pollinate your garden and prey on its pests
- Pesticide-free pest-control measures
- Composting heaps and bins
With the right information and some careful planning, you can help your plants thrive
—and beautify your garden
in the process.