Editor, Epic Ink
The Quarto Group is seeking an Editor, Epic Ink to manage all editorial work from concept to publication for a variety of book projects, and act as the team leader on designated projects and book titles, initiating and developing book ideas, detailing and monitoring schedules, enlisting authors, and writing content. This position will be located at our brand new Seattle area office location! Come join our team!
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Serve as editorial lead on high end collectable licensed books with novelty formats from manuscript editing and layouts through final production
- Research and enlist appropriate authors, helping expand the stable of highly skilled writers
- Independently edit book titles, often providing written content, including cover copy and captions
- Collaborate with team members in developing and delivering high-quality book projects
- Monitor schedules and work with teams to ensure book titles deliver on time
- Serve as the primary contact with the licensor throughout the development process
- Work creatively with team members to develop and deliver high-quality project ideas
- Contribute proactively to new ideas, keep up on trends, and pop culture events
- Write pitches, concept briefs, catalog copy, and other content in support of project ideas
- Prepare publishing packs for management review, including concept write ups, competitive titles, key selling points, author bios, etc.
- Assist Editorial Director in shaping and maintaining a publishing list
- Research market trends, popculture anniversaries, and competing titles
- Creatively contribute to new Idea generation
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of all aspects of publishing with an emphasis on book development and production
- Strong editing ability, i.e., developmental, substantive, and line editing
- Understanding of pop culture and licensed products
- A minimum of 5 years' editorial experience in publishing
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
To apply please submit cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume by email to email@example.com.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.