Senior Ocean Import Coordinator
Beverly MA /New York. NY, USA
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however, and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
Quarto Publishing Group USA Inc. is seeking a Senior Ocean Import Coordinator to become an integral part of its operational team. This position is to serve as a conduit between our printers, freight forwarders, drop-ship customers, our US warehouse, and amongst various internal departments. This role will provide detailed shipping instructions to various printers in the U.S., Asia and Europe and lead the process flow and troubleshooting of printed product from issuance of print purchase order and ex-factory transit, through final delivery. This position will be located in our New York Office or Beverly MA office, but we are accepting remote applications for an ideal candidate. Come join the team at The Quarto Group!
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Monitor QUS printings from issuance of purchase order.
- Provide and confirm detailed ship instruction to our various domestic and overseas printers.
- Track all shipments through final delivery.
- Liaise with various internal departments and freight forwarders to ensure on-time deliveries, to include coordinating weekly FCL's from HK to our warehouse in the U.S.
- Administrative responsibilities include review and approval of freight invoicing, initiating disputes where necessary; submitting paperwork for customer invoicing and maintaining an electronic filing system for retained freight documentation.
- Research and negotiate routing costs as necessary.
- Communicate with our U.S. warehouse on any/all issues to ensure a timely, accurate receiving/delivery process.
- Manage shipping in support of our direct shipment process.
- Coordinate the consolidated freight program for Distribution clients.
- Assist in managing and facilitating special projects through completion.
- Initiate process improvements and set best practices.
- Supervise the U.S. Import Traffic Agent position.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- 1-2 years' experience with overseas shipping practices and import/export logistics, with a clear understanding of various shipping terms and requirements.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organization skills.
- Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting capabilities.
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced work environment and possess ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Proven leadership skills and strong communication ability.
- Operational vision.
- Self-motivated with ability to set daily priorities.
...then we want to hear from you!
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.