Temporary General Accountant
Boston North Shore, USA
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking a temporary General Accountant - G/L and Royalties to join our accounting team at our Boston North Shore office location! This position will provide corporate accounting services including, bank reconciliations, general ledger account analysis and reconciliations, preparing and posting journal entries and preparing supporting schedules. Also providing support to the Royalty Accountant with various duties. Come join our team!
The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Shared responsibility for monthly reconciliation of all asset/liability accounts and supporting schedules.
- Prepares and enters monthly journal entries.
- Maintaining proper job costing for all books in work-in-progress.
- Management of fixed assets, ensuring proper procedures around asset purchase and disposal.
- Assist with royalty contract and statement review.
- Entering contract information into our royalty tracking software.
- Help prepare and mail royalty statements.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting for management as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- BS in Accounting/Finance or a 2 year Accounting technical degree.
- 3 years' progressive work experience in an accounting environment.
- Full range of knowledge in accounting areas including General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Inventory. Job Costing knowledge is preferred, but not required.
- Advanced Excel and computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Approaches work in a meticulous and thorough manner with a strong attention to details.
- Self-disciplined with strong work ethic (as added hours are needed for month-end closings).
- A high degree of accuracy in all areas of work.
- Knowledge of contracts and/or royalty contracts a plus, but not required.
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.