Seattle, WA, US
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is looking for a talented Product Developer to support our work on SmartLab Toys and becker&mayer! Books. This person will work closely within our creative teams to conceptualize, design, and execute a wide range of educational toys, science kits, and books with components for both children and adults. The ideal candidate will have a wide range of industrial design and product development capabilities and experience and have a solid understanding of product design for manufacturing. He/She must have a professional understanding of three-dimensional design principals using a variety of toolsets including solids modeling CAD (e.g: Autodesk Fusion 360 and/or Solidworks required), Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator required), and 3D printing and prototyping (using in-house printers and external services). Candidates must be proficient with both Mac and PC operating systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of manufacturing materials and technologies. This position will be located in our Seattle, WA area office location. Come join the team!
The key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Working knowledge of professional practices required to manage product design and development processes from initial concept, through prototyping and manufacturing, to finished product ready for shipping.
- Excellent sketching (analog and digital) abilities required.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with CAD 3D modeling software (Autodesk Fusion 360 and/or Solidworks experience required, with other 3D software knowledge desired).
- Experience with 3D printing and prototyping (additive and reductive) processes required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, overseas sourcing, and rapid prototyping.
- Children's toy, games, and/or educational/science product development experience desired.
- Excellent computer skills using both current Apple Mac OS and Microsoft Windows platforms required. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud required, with intermediate to advanced proficiency using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Strong organization, communication, and planning skills necessary. Must be able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Sound creative and critical thinking skills essential.
- Strong oral + written communication, and excellent design presentation skills desired.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and can develop and deliver complex 2D and 3D designs.
- Ability to inspire, collaborate with, and assist other Team members where necessary to brainstorm ideas and move a project forward.
- Organized and self-directed - Able to work both independently and in a team environment, keeping projects and files organized when working in a team, and able to prioritize responsibilities, communicate progress, and deliver on time.
- Detailed and process-oriented, ensuring that designs meet established design guidelines and standards.
- Help develop innovative, appropriate, and marketable product designs and all associated specifications and assets for educational toys, science kits, and books with components for both children and adults.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- At least 2 - 5 years professional industrial design and product development experience required.
- BA, BFA, or BID in Industrial Design, Product Engineering, or equivalent educational experience and degree.
- Previous team collaborative experience and limited staff management experience helpful.
- May be required to execute a design test.
…then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume to email@example.com.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.