Unleash the power of one of the world’s healthiest diets with 100 delicious, authentic, easy recipes and Mediterranean lifestyle tips based on the latest research and clinical findings.
More than a mix of rich history, gorgeous beaches, and warm blue waters, the countries along the Mediterranean Sea and their people have a history of living longer and healthier lives—and you can too! By simply following a Mediterranean diet rich in olive oil, nuts, beans, fish, fruits and vegetables, even drinking wine with meals, you can prevent diseases and prolong your life.
Using the Mediterranean Pyramid as a guide, cuisine expert Amy Riolo gets to the core of the Mediterranean lifestyle, and explains what is eaten, when to eat it, and why. Each recipe in The Ultimate Mediterranean Diet Cookbook contains a cultural tip from the Mediterranean region. Fun historical facts, legend, and lore, as well as nutritional information accompany each recipe.
The Ultimate Mediterranean Diet Cookbook features recipes from all countries in the region to include perennial favorites, little known treasures, and recent discoveries. They include:
- Whole-Wheat and Grape Focaccia
- Herb and Rice–Stuffed Grape Leaves
- North African Spice–Dusted Sweet Potatoes
- Silky Hummus with Yogurt and Pomegranate Seeds
- Mussels in Tomato-Saffron Broth
- Sizzling Rosemary Shrimp over Polenta
- Turkish Yogurt, Garlic, and Dill Sauce
- Corsican-Style Garlic-Laced Beef Stew with Peppers
- Apricot and Orange Blossom Pudding with Pistachios
- Rose- and Mint-Infused Fruit Salad
- Roasted Plums with Basil-Yogurt Cream
Get ready to enjoy a healthy lifestyle that includes enticing, satisfying, recipes—great for family dinners and entertaining, for any and all occasions, to be appreciated by any palate.
“Amy Riolo is a true guardian of the techniques and inherent goodness of the Mediterranean life style! Her food, her philosophy is an absolute pleasure to read and consume.” —Chef Jason Roberts, chefjasonroberts.com