This manual takes the mystery out of Second-Generation On-Board Diagnostic Systems allowing you to understand your vehicles OBD-II sytem, plus what to do when the "Check Engine" light comes on, from reading the code to diagnosing and fixing the problem. Includes a comprehensive list of computer codes.
Computer-controlled car repair made easy! For all car and light truck models manufactured since 1996.
- Understand your vehicle's On-Board Diagnostic system
- How to deal with that "Check Engine" light--from reading the code to diagnosing and fixing the problem
- Comprehensive computer codes list
- Powertrain management fundamentals
- OBD-II "monitors" explained
- Generic trouble codes that cover all models!
- Manufacturer-specific trouble codes for GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura vehicles
- Let your car's computer help you find the problem!
- Component replacement procedures
- Glossary and acronym list
- Fully illustrated with over 250 photographs and drawings