Subtitle 35 Amazing Activities!
Create fun machines and conduct super science experiments while exploring physics, chemistry, optics, biology, and more!
Astound your friends with your knowledge of osmosis, gear ratios, and fractals! Build moving vehicles and catapults! Perform experiments that demonstrate capillary action, optical illusions, and Newton’s Laws of Motion! This introduction to STEM learning includes an amazing array of real science equipment—mini graduated cylinders, an Erlenmeyer flask, a graduated beaker, a magnifying lens, and building materials such as boards, axles, posts, wheels, gears, and more—along with 30 activity cards to guide kids through an exciting, hands-on exploration of science, technology, engineering, and math.
The activity cards lead you through 35 projects that demonstrate real STEM challenges and explain how they translate to the real world. Experiments strengthen essential engineering skills with open-ended challenges that involve building vehicles and structures with different kinds of gears, axles, and wheels. Young physicists can test optical illusions involving mirrors, magnifying glasses, and printed paper components. Fun chemistry experiments allow young scientists to use real lab equipment to measure, analyze, and make predictions.
A good STEM toy relates to the real world, is hands-on, allows for problem-solving, is gender inclusive, builds confidence, and encourages creativity. STEM 101 checks all the boxes!
- Build, concoct, problem-solve, tinker, and explore: This hands-on introduction to STEM learning allows young scientists to conduct exciting experiments and build cool machines with real science tools
- 35 STEM projects to spark a lifetime of scientific inquiry: 30 activity cards include simple instructions, explanations of the science behind the fun, and tips to take your project further, plus a list of 86 STEM careers to consider—Extract your own DNA! Move objects using electricity! Make a CD spectroscope! Build a spinning automaton!
- 119 pieces of real science equipment and building materials: 4 Boards, 4 Long Posts, 4 Short Posts, 6 Long Axles, 8 Medium Axles, 8 Short Axles, 2 Big Gears, 2 Medium Gears, 2 Small Gears, 4 Wheels, 4 Wheel Grips, 16 Collars, 1 Crank, 1 Handle, 2 Hubs, 1 Notch Cap, 1 Magnifying Lens, 3 Mini Graduated Cylinders, 1 Erlenmeyer Flask, 1 Graduated Beaker, 2 Large Rubber Bands, 2 Small Rubber Bands, 2 Foam Balls, 1 String, 3 Balloons, 1 Straw, 3 Papercraft Sheets, and 30 Activity Cards
- For most activities, everything you need is provided: For some, you’ll need to gather some common household ingredients or objects
- Perfect for budding scientists, techies, engineers, and mathematicians ages 8+: Great for play dates, sleepovers, and family nights