Subtitle 30 Soothingly Sweet Spa Recipes
Become a beauty scientist as you whip up sugary scrubs, fizzing bath bombs, yummy lip balms, and more using healthy, all-natural ingredients!
Choose your own spa adventure! All-Natural Spa Lab teaches you how to use natural ingredients to make store-quality beauty products yourself, including bath bombs, scented stones, body scrubs, fairy dust, glitter gel, lip balms, masks, and bath salts.
Exploring beauty and the science behind it, these projects and recipes use household materials and custom molds and equipment to create scrumptious-smelling spa treatments at home. The citric acid adds pizzazz to bath bombs, and the cosmetic-grade shimmer powder gives a glittery glow to your products. The science behind the ingredients and formulas is peppered throughout the fully illustrated book.
Soon you’ll be pampering yourself with a relaxing bath or a refreshing facial, but first you’ll need to measure, sprinkle, stir, and experiment in your kitchen spa lab!
- Concoct your own all-natural beauty regimen: This educational kit includes the tools and instructions you need to create your own home spa—use the cupcake-, popsicle-, and candy-shaped molds to make fizzing, scented bath bombs; make sweet body scrubs that you can store in the included containers; use the glitter to make dazzling lip gloss and fairy dust; and so much more
- 22-piece STEAM-focused kit includes: 4 bath-bomb molds, 4 bath-bomb fizz packets, 2 large pots with lids, 2 small pots with lids, 2 stir spoons, shimmer powder (2 grams), and 24-page illustrated activity book
- 30 soothingly sweet spa recipes include the science behind the fun: 24-page book is filled with fun spa product recipes like a tricolor bath bomb pop, brown sugar and lemon scrub, fairy glitter gel with honey and aloe vera, grape cleanser, and more along with the science behind some of the super-powered ingredients
- Recipes require additional household items and ingredients: Tools you may need include spoons and cups, microwavable bowl, microwave oven, knife, rolling pin or cylindrical can, blender, saucepan, cookie cutters, coffee filter, and cotton balls; some of the ingredients include oatmeal, honey, baking soda, cornstarch, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cocoa powder, banana, avocado, and olive oil
- Perfect for budding cosmetic scientists ages 7+: Great activity for sleepovers, play dates, self-care, and parent-child bonding time