Description Description See the full beauty of our night sky revealed as never before in over 200 photographs from around the world.
Bringing together the images of over 40 photographers across 25 countries, be astounded by the lights of the night sky
in some of the darkest places on earth
; discover the beauty of galaxies
; view great celestial events
; and see some of the world’s most important landmarks
against the backdrop of an incredible nightscape.
Babak Tafreshi, founder of the international organisation The World at Night, has curated the images in this collection – many of them previously unseen – to reveal the true splendour of the sky at night. A specialist guide to night-sky photography
will help you capture your own gorgeous images of the heavens.
Commentary on the science, astronomy and photography
accompany stunning images organised by theme:
- Symbols of all nations and religions embraced by one sky of endless beauties
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites at night
- The Universe revealed through constellations, sky motions, atmospheric phenomenon, Aurora and other wonders
- Images highlighting the beauty of dark skies away from light-polluted urban areas
- Celestial events, from great comets to spectacular eclipses
- Astro-tourism destinations, like ancient astronomical monuments and modern observatories