Quarto Publishing is seeking a Junior SQL Developer who is passionate and has a fundamental understanding of managing and creating queries which are used with SQL databases. As a SQL developer, you will be expected to develop fast and performant database queries, in addition to performing database maintenance tasks and data integration tasks. Your duties will include following best database design and development practices, as well as staying up to date with all relevant data security procedures. You will spend a large amount of time in this role learning from senior developers so you must have good communication and collaboration skills.
Key Results Areas
- Write fast and performant database queries using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Development, optimize, and implement stored procedures.
- Supporting integration routines for importing data into Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP system using eConnect, Integration Manager and SQL stored procedures.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving SQL code.
- Provide ERP administration, setup up new users and assign access based on job descriptions.
- Troubleshoot issues to provide recommendations/solutions.
- Develop and support reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in software development, computer science, business intelligence, information technology, data management, or other related fields
- The ability to create fast and efficient database queries, including joining and cross-referencing cells from several tables.
- Familiarity with standard database management tools and software, such as SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Access, Oracle Database, and phpMyAdmin.
- Advanced knowledge of database procedures and Microsoft SQL Server concepts.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Accountable for work quality and decision-making.
- Preference for working in a high-level collaborative environment promoting teamwork.
- Desire to problem solve using root cause analysis.
- 2 years of Microsoft SQL Server experience and strong skills in writing SQL Experience using SQL Server Reporting Services and Integration Services.
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.