Subtitle Practical advice and projects for an eco-conscious beauty routine
Sustainable Beauty is an inspirational and practical guide to living a more eco-conscious lifestyle and maintaining a low-waste beauty routine.
Vegan, cruelty-free, ‘clean’, organic, non-GM, zero-waste, not to mention palm oil, silicones and micro-plastics – where do you start when it comes to creating a sustainable beauty routine? There are thousands of products claiming to be better for the environment and your skin, but they also come with a hefty price tag.
So what can we actually do to make a difference? This book provides the small steps everyone can take to make a big difference at home.
Justine Jenkins, an holistic and sustainable make-up artist & consultant, guides you through – breaking down the issues and explaining how we can mitigate them at home.
With easy tutorials to follow – from simplifying your beauty routine and product label literacy through to recipes for DIY hydrating serums and superfood face masks – Jenkins shows you how small changes in habit can result in a more sustainable beauty routine that doesn't break the bank.
Did you know that...
With this book you can...
- More than 120 billion units of packaging are produced in the global cosmetics industry annually.
- If refillable containers were used for cosmetics, as much as 70% of carbon emissions associated with the beauty industry could be eliminated.
- An estimated 70% of beauty products contain a palm oil derivative, the production of which is believed to be responsible for 8% of the world’s deforestation between 1990 and 2008.
- Take your first steps in creating an eco-smart dresser: learn how to read a label, and find out what natural ingredients you'll need to make your own recipes such as making your own deodorant and body butter.
- Make essential, nature-based cosmetics: minimize your make-up drawer and master both the application and creation of your new go-to beauty products, from multipurpose lip balms to the perfect eyeliner flick.
- Simplify your skincare and body routines: from cleansing and toning to rejuvenating and conditioning, discover your body's needs from head to toe and the secret to beautiful skin, body, hands and nails.
- Get luxurious hair with low-waste practices: from hair masks to healing rinses, remedying, maintaining and styling shiny, healthy hair has never been easier with Jenkins' savvy recipes, hacks and tutorials.
Other titles in the Sustainable Living series include: Sustainable Home, Sustainable Travel, Sustainable Garden.