To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however, and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
Quarto Publishing is seeking a highly motivated and exceptionally well-organized Editor with a strong interest in publishing to provide support for the Chartwell Books imprint and Custom, Proprietary, and Value team. This position is remote.
Chartwell Books produces value editions of books across a wide range of subjects including cooking, lifestyle, Mind/Body/Spirit, guided journals, history, and classics. Editor for the Chartwell imprint and Custom and Proprietary team will act as team leader on designated projects, book & books plus titles. This involves initiating and developing book and book plus ideas, managing P&Ls, enlisting authors, writing content, and project managing titles from idea development to publication.
If you are a smart, driven person looking to work with a dynamic group of people that makes great books in a fast-paced environment, then this could be the job for you.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, receptive to feedback and learns quickly.
- A strong communicator & relationship builder with the ability to balance varying responsibilities
- Someone who lives and breathes creation & ideation and keeps a pulse on trends, all while remaining commercially savvy
- Five to eight years of experience in book and book plus publishing, editorial, or a related field
- Exceptional writer and copy editor. You will assist in the editing and drafting of editorial content, so strong writing skills are key.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Analytical skills. Working knowledge of budgets and P&Ls and proficiency in spreadsheets is required.
- Computer skills. You are great with PowerPoint, Excel and similar programs.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of publishing with an emphasis on book and book plus development and production
- Strong editing ability, i.e., developmental, copy, and line editing
- A proven record of meeting deadlines and budgets
- Familiarity with MS Word editing software
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects and effectively prioritize within tight deadlines
- Familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years’ editorial experience in publishing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience with illustrated publishing and conceptualizing products with components for children and adults
- Familiarity with Firebrand and Edelweiss
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply