To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however, and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
Quarto is seeking a collaborative, organized and dynamic Editorial Project Manager to join our Beverly MA team. The Editorial Project Manager will serve as the conduit between the author(s) and the publisher, and amongst internal departments. They will gather and organize author submissions and manage the day-to-day editorial responsibilities of book projects. The will also work with freelancers and in-house editors/ designers to ensure that the book conforms to contracted specifications and meets the company’s expectations when it is ready for final signoff. The Editorial Project Manager is expected to manage approximately 28 to 32 titles per year.
Key Results Areas Include:
- Working with major stakeholders in each project (publishers, authors etc.) to obtain proper sign offs.
- Work with/Contract freelance editors and other vendors to provide services on book projects.
- Coordinate changes to projects and confirm accuracy and consistency.
- Ensure administrative tasks (CIP Data, contributor comp copies, etc.) associated with the book projects are completed.
- Gather and organize author submissions; all elements of the manuscript, art, GORS, any miscellaneous elements.
- Evaluate submissions and direct author on content and style.
- Act as primary contact person for author between their manuscript submission and final pages to printer date.
- Quality-check initial marketing copy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or English.
- 1-2 years' experience as a project manager, preferably with a book publisher.
- Ability to be organzied and multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven proofreading/copy-editing skills.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style. (Desired)
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply