National Sales Manager
The Quarto Group is seeking a National Sales Manager responsible for the overall leadership and strategic direction of the sales function for our SmartLab Toys division. This position will be responsible for the SmartLab Toys division in Seattle, WA but will not need to be located there. This position is charged with the goal of meeting and exceeding business unit sales and profitability goals. Also in this role, the individual will be responsible for setting all sales goals and ensuring that plans, actions and reporting are in place to reach these goals in a profitable manner. S/he works with and leads the team into new markets to expand the business and create profitable customer partnerships.
The key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following :
- Amazon and e-commerce daily account management. Focus on analytics, replenishment, promotion submissions, inventory needs
- Oversee a group of key accounts that you are directly responsible for managing and growing
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the sourcing, accounting, and various departments in place to support the business unit
- Work with the team to set goals, objectives and action plans for each market channel and key customer that is used to track and benchmark progress and growth throughout the year, with the ability to change course as needed to meet the goals
- Work closely with our domestic distribution partner to ensure they are meeting the goals we have established for them, including increased market penetration, sales growth and profitability
- For new product introductions, put plans in place to ensure they are launched successfully and that sales and inventory forecasts are aligned
- Ensure that plans for key products are in place to drive sales and sell thru at retail. Establish marketing and co-op programs at key retailers which increase sales and market share
- Identify growth opportunities at key and new customers and put strategic plans and metrics in place to maximize these opportunities
- Be exceedingly pro-active in identifying and solving sales related issues – specifically those tied to increasing sales and GOP
- Make new business a key priority; constantly be on the lookout for new partnerships, clients, and new projects to pursue
- Work with the Vice President, Sales and Director of Finance to set sales and expense budgets each year
- Provide monthly and quarterly forecasts
- Work closely with Finance Director to manage inventory to the appropriate and profitable levels
- Participate in key product development, brainstorming or other creative meetings using your knowledge of our customer base and the marketplace to help define the strategic direction of the line
The required skills and qualifications for this role are:
- Experience selling to Amazon necessary.
- Experience selling to e-commerce preferable .
- Have a deep understanding of the marketplace, market channels and key customers and use that knowledge to profitably grow revenue and market share
- 7+ years prior managerial experience in Sales & Marketing, preferably in Toys or Consumer Packaged Goods
- BA required
- Proficient with Mac, using Word and Excel (producing spreadsheets)
For consideration please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.