Minneapolis, MN, US
Summary: The Quarto Group is seeking an Editorial Assistant to assist our editorial group in the preparation and production of print and electronic book materials. This position will be located in our Minneapolis, MN office location. Specific duties include supporting the Project Management group (Publishers and Acquisition Editors when possible), supporting the licensing process for the Minneapolis office in tandem with the Boston North Shore office, providing backup support, and editing/project-managing select book projects at the discretion of supervisor.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Proofread and copyedit book and calendar material at the request of the managing editor or project managers.
- Create indexes for books by reviewing text and captions, taking into consideration space and time available.
- Log-in incoming book material, which include the following tasks: converting and combining electronic files, completing word counts, and counting and numbering photography.
- Send out edited manuscripts, layouts, and printers' proofs (when requested) with the appropriate correspondence.
- Backup support for Publishing Assistant to ensure all paperwork flows for higher-level management during very busy periods, vacation, or other times as directed and needed
- Participate in weekly scheduling meetings as required.
- Project-manage reprint/reissued books as needed, which involves coordinating all updates and corrections with Acquisition Editors.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Four-year degree in English, Journalism, or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience proofreading and some copyedit work
- Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, Internet, digital calendars, social media, and various file transfer sites; PC and Mac platform.
- Experience in book publishing
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop CS 5.5 and Adobe InDesign CS 5.5 a plus.
To be considered for this role, please submit cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.