Interim UK HR Coordinator
London Brewery, United Kingdom
Quarto Publishing is looking for an interim UK People Coordinator reporting to the People Manager, helping support Quarto's UK team of 200 people.
The UK People Coordinator is responsible for a variety of HR activities, acting as the main point of contact for general people related enquiries and involved in all aspects across their lifecycle. Focused on delivering an outstanding service, the People Coordinator plays a critical part in ensuring all Payroll, Benefits and HR administration is managed in an accurate and timely manner. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of HR, Benefits and Payroll, and to succeed in this role, you will be familiar using HR software and tools.
You will be responsible for all employee data, monthly payroll and benefits processing for new hires, current and leaving employees. In addition, you will on-board new hires, prepare new hire and benefits paperwork, maintain personnel records, assist with recruitment and other ad hoc people projects.
Key Results Areas
People, Payroll & Benefits Processing
- Perform all aspects of monthly payroll processing using the HRIS and outsourced providers,
- including pensions and benefits changes
- Manage and maintain the HRIS and employee/management information schedules
- Manage the collation of people and payroll information for monthly processing
- Prepare monthly payroll and pension reporting
- Oversee benefits program; enroll, change or process terminations for all employees in all benefits
- programs as applicable
- Process monthly reports for benefits administration
- First point of contact for any people, payroll or benefits related enquiries
- Administer special people programs, i.e. spot bonus, tuition reimbursement
- Maintain accurate records in line with people records retention policy
People Coordination & Administration
- Respond to internal and external people related inquiries, providing first level advice
- Create and maintain accurate up to date people records and update the HRIS, including
- employee records, with changes such as starters, leavers, changes, maternity, flexible working,
- Administer new joiner paperwork: draft offer letters, employment contracts and update internal
- trackers; administer contract changes, extension letters, etc.
- Administer employee changes paperwork: promotions, changes in job role, leavers etc.
- Maintain people section on intranet and updating structure charts
- Responsible for leaver process including: leaving correspondence, calculating outstanding annual
- leave, conducting exit interviews, keeping track of any trends
- Employment verifications for current and former employees as required
- Training administration including arranging courses, record-keeping and monitoring
- Responsible for people mailbox
- Assist in ad hoc people projects
New Hires & On-boarding
- Support recruitment of new staff and ensure adherence to established new hire process
- Work with hiring managers to develop up to date job descriptions
- Conduct new employee HR orientation to welcome new hires, explain benefits, company policies, etc.; liaise with line managers to complete general employee induction
- Coordinate probationary reviews with line managers
- Relevant experience in similar role
- Experience with HRIS and payroll processing systems; strong MS Office skills
- Strong attention to detail, organised and methodical approach
- Effective communication skills in order to deal confidentially, tactfully and sensitively with people
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and while operating within fixed deadlines
- Experience of providing day to day advice on people policies and procedures
- Able to communicate professionally at all levels and build credible relationships
- Able to work on own initiative and takes pride in driving forward to deliver to a high standard. Shows tenacity and has the persistence and resourcefulness to deliver when faced with any obstacles
- Experience with Moorepay HR a plus
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
The successful candidate must possess the right to work in the UK. Quarto Publishing plc is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and treatment, ensuring an inclusive and diverse environment.