Sales Strategy & Business Operations Manager
London Brewery, United Kingdom
Line Manager: Sales Director, UK & Europe
You will be an accomplished Business Analyst who will support the Group Publishing Operations team, performing analysis and reporting of sales and inventory trends to enable:
- Insight and understanding into effective areas of publishing through sales analysis
- Appropriate direction of sales resource in the trade and in international co-edition sales
You will be someone who naturally looks to data and research to find information on which to base decisions, and be able to communicate that information to people around the company at various levels.
Ideally you will also be someone who enjoys teaching others how to find things out for themselves, teaching people to self-serve wherever possible to raise the whole company's effectiveness and ability with reporting and data research.
- Provide data and insight to the sales and management organization enabling the company to grow account sales and increase distribution into all specialty and trade book markets, as well as throughout the world in our international co-editions business
- Provide a high-level analytical overview of the company's market position, our channel penetration and our market share gain/loss to drive better publishing, customer ordering and product positioning decisions
- Prepare sales forecasts and collect and analyze data to evaluate current sales goals and trends
- Research and evaluate current economic conditions that may affect the organization's ability to sell its products or services in the marketplace.
- Assist in the development of sales quotas and forecasts for the sales teams.
- Recommend changes to current sales techniques, procedures or promotional efforts based on market research and new trends
- Design and deliver sales forecasting and analysis for reprint decisions – providing a clear and accurate report to enable management to decide effective print runs
- Distribute monthly department summary reporting to senior staff that includes YOY and recent trend analysis for account data, territory, channel, imprint, format performance, as well as custom reporting including price point analysis and frontlist/backlist performance
- Distribute market share analysis that plots account growth compared to total market size within each publishing/customer category
- Analyze historical pre-pub trend analysis by category, format, price point, and channel sales to establish "bench mark" metrics for pre-pub activity that the sales team can be measured against – as well as using for acquisition purposes
- Manage the tracking of per title frontlist sales as compared to customer/channel forecasts and publishing projection and provide sales teams with monthly detail on where titles are short to projection throughout the first 12 months of a title's publication
- Analysis and reporting of productivity and profitably of the international co-editions sales team, including recommendations for products, formats, territories and markets to explore based on historical trends and market trends
- Improve stockturn across the group's trade imprints through rigorous analysis of existing titles and provision of actionable data to inform print decisions
Required Skills and Experience
- Excel skills are crucial in this role, especially VLOOKUP, PivotTables and Macros
- A willingness to find answers yourself, from various sources around the company
- Confidence with data manipulation and bringing together various sources of data into single reports quickly and accurately
- Flair for visual presentation of data, and confidence of communication to internal stakeholders
- An understanding of different business managers' requirements and the ability to provide appropriate data in the first instance to enable them to manage their businesses effectively
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with SQL and enterprise-level database suites
- Experience of Firebrand Title Management software
- Experience in the publishing industry
- Knowledge of the co-edition and trade publishing business models
- Understanding of accounting principles including stock management, sales accruals, etc.
For consideration, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org