Boston North Shore, US
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is currently seeking a Credit Manager that will be focused on gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective customers. This Credit Manager will make recommendations/decisions regarding the extension of credit. Their primary goal is to investigate and analyze credit. This person should be self-directed with a proven track record of success implementing best practices into existing operations. He or she will report directly to the VP of Finance and work closely with the business unit/imprint managers. This role will be located at our brand-new space located on the north shore of Boston! Come join our team!
The key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Manage the micro risk assessment process, including;
- Acquisition of customer financial and non-financial information to facilitate "global' credit assessment of all customer relationships.
- Schedule and track the completion of each customer's credit/risk assessment to meet required time frames for the sales and accounting team members.
- Manage the completion of a comprehensive credit analysis for all customer relationships, consistent with our credit policy and requirements.
- Obtain information about potential creditors/customers from banks, credit bureaus, and other credit services.
- Approve customer credits within prescribed credit authority to support the QPG sales and accounting team members.
- Review and (sponsor as needed) credits submitted for committee/Quarto approval.
- Provide guidance to sales and accounting team members concerning the structuring of credit and limits for our customers.
- Constantly evaluate risk, set credit limits and monitor customer's financial condition and alert sales and accounting team members when issues arise.
- Evaluate and interpret credit data to grant customers credit lines to minimize financial risk.
- Ensure the company deploys effective accounts receivable processes that minimize collection issues and provides customers with concise and sufficient information to enable consistent payments.
- Ensure the company deploys effective collection process in order to recover delinquent accounts in a timely manner.
- Develop and deliver a monthly reporting package suitable for senior management review.
- Provide strategy summaries of the economic outlook and track and monitor credit ratings.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years' experience in a corporate or commercial credit environment.
- Excellent analytical, math, problem solving and financial modeling skills.
- Strong command of financial accounting including working knowledge of Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) guidance affecting financial reporting.
- Ability to analyze financial statements and asses business cash flow.
- Ability to analyze personal tax returns, personal financial statements and assess an individual's net worth, liquidity and cash flow capacity.
- Knowledge of fundamental risk factors associated with industry sectors.
- Ability to effectively communicate credit concerns to team members and senior management.
- Ability to identify and understand patterns and inter connectivity of relevant data (i.e. internal forecasts, customer data, marketplace information, macroeconomic information, industry trends, and future business trends) to forecast cash flows.
- Management experience preferred.
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit cover letter and resume by email.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.