Boston North Shore, US
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking an Accounting Manager to supervise assigned accounting staff in posting and balancing transactions in the general and subsidiary ledgers, and related journals and registers. This role will manage the preparation of balance sheets and income statements and then reviews once complete. Compiles data for and prepares regularly scheduled and special accounting reports, analyses, and statements. Commissioned by CFO to create a strong, trained accounting staff, this role will be located our brand-new space located on the north shore of Boston! Come join the team!
The key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership and direction to Accounts Payable Staff.
- Ensures that all invoices, checks, wires and ACH's have been properly coded, input and paid in accordance with company policy.
- Reviews work of employees to ensure accuracy.
- Keeps the paper processes moving to provide checks and invoices are ready for the CFO with proper data to approve and signature within that calendar schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring these employees receive proper training and coaching to produce strong productive employees that are an asset to the company.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Royalty Accountant.
- Available to review and give advice on author royalty agreements.
- Create new processes and guidelines for licensed agreements to ensure correct and accurate licensed reporting.
- Provide backup to ensure that licensed agreements are received from the Publishers and the royalty accountant has what they need to develop accurate licensed statements.
- Assist and lead Licensed Audits.
- Provides training and coaching to produce a well-trained productive employee who can succeed
- Provide leadership and direction to the accountants as they produce the balance sheet account reconciliations and financial statements, trial balance & balance sheets.
- Review and approve all journal entries.
- Analyze profit and losses before they are sent to the CFO for their review to ensure that accuracy of numbers are correct.
- Review account reconciliations.
- Work with accountants to create better processes, reconciliations and paper management.
- Verify accuracy of financial activities and transactions.
- Work with Auditors on Year End Audits to help answer questions as needed.
- Under the direction of the CFO, review or revise any needed reporting.
- Reviews and monitors policies and procedures as related to job functions to insure proper application and controls are in place to maintain accounting records and insure auditability of records.
- Create a policy and procedure process for all job functions for future job changes and to increase productivity.
- Reports significant problems with control function, procedures, and systems related to financial reporting and control.
- Monitors expenditures for cost effectiveness and compliance with approved budget.
- Acts as liaison with other departments, divisions, and outside organizations to resolve accounting related issues.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or 10-15+ years of accounting related experience.
- Strong accounting ability.
- Continuous ability to meet deadlines and handle interruptions.
- Strong creative problem solving skills with good logic ability to make decisions.
- Solid understanding and competency in using computer equipment and related programs.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to preserve confidentiality of information
- Ability to train and create a strong accounting team that works well together.
- Management experience preferred.
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.