General Billing Accountant
Boston North Shore, US
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking a General Billing Accountant to join our accounting team at our Boston North Shore office location! This position will be responsible for processing all contract filings, billings and collection of co-edition contractual agreements. Come join our Boston North Shore team!
The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Creates invoices in accordance with the invoicing schedule set up in the co-edition contract.
- Sends invoices in a timely basis to overseas customers.
- Collects contractual payments in accordance with the terms set forth in the co-edition contract by e-mails or calls when necessary.
- Notifies overseas co-edition sales person of any outstanding payments that need to be collected before the print run can be processed.
- Produces a full credit check on each new Co-edition customer with references, etc., reviews with Accounting Manager, approves and maintains customer co-edition contractual files.
- Creates rights and royalty letters requesting information of printing counts to align with contractual agreements. Also ensures that royalty payments are made in accordance with these counts.
- Sends hold reports to production and co-edition sales teams of customers that are behind in payment of their contractual agreement.
- Processes a contractual payment spreadsheet to help control invoicing and final contractual agreements to ensure monthly sales figures are met.
- Controls the installment general ledger reconciliation, balances and creates needed journal entries.
- Collects payments from customers at milestones.
- Responsible to run month end Sales Representative Group commission statements.
- Once approval has been gained, statements are given to accounts receivable for payment.
- Runs all online bank statements daily and records in cash report
- Records all information into cash report given by Accounts Payable Representatives.
- Verifies that all Cash input and calculations are correct and sends out to all specified personnel.
- Ensures that month end balances are brought over to the new month cash report correctly.
- Verifies at month end that the cash report balances to the Bank Account General Ledger.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- Working knowledge of accounts receivable and input of that function in the accounting system.
- Ability to understand the general ledger accounts numbers/asset/liability/expense/income.
- Ability to read and understand contractual agreements.
- Strong analytical and Excel skills
- Two years of accounts receivable experience.
- Two year technical school degree in Accounting or equivalent accounting background.
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.