Sales and Marketing Assistant
Boston North Shore, US
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking a Sales and Marketing Assistant to help create and produce marketing materials of all kinds for the group. He/She also maintains the Edelweiss online catalogs; conducting training, uploading information and managing users. This person will provide support to the Marketing department as needed in a variety of tasks such as book distribution. Come join the team in our brand new Boston North Shore office!
The key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Compile, paginate, and copy edit text for company catalog.
- Proofread all marketing materials.
- Support the marketing and sales staff by creating sales and organizational materials as needed.
- Maintain lists and distribute material quantities and final ship to quantities.
- Conduct one-on-one and/or group training sessions in Edelweiss.
- Maintain and troubleshoot in Edelweiss.
- Distribute advanced copies of new titles to the Marketing & Sales department.
- Maintain spreadsheet of distributed advances.
- Assist with gathering information for proposed shows, research, make estimates and finalize show list and budgets.
- Assist with managing all aspects of the shows including ensuring attendees understand their roles, have materials etc.
- Assist with preparation and shipping of all materials needed for individual shows.
- Assist with preparation of reports after each show for use in planning the following year.
- Metadata Touchpoint checks for sales department.
- Support other sales & marketing manager requests for materials.
- Manage Marketing Calendar.
- Other duties as assigned.
This role will require the following skills and qualifications:
- Computer proficiency including Mac's & MS Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- 1-2 years relevant experience required
- B.A. or B.S. in Business or Communications, or equivalent degree desired. A combination of relevant education and experience will also be considered.
- Proficiency in Mac OS X and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Consumer products experience preferred.
- Familiarity with publishing industry desired.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize as well as streamline daily work through strong task management in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm & proven ability to build relationships with internal teams and external customers.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.