Boston North Shore, US
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking a Contracts Manager to centralize the contract administration function in the US and oversee all work/correspondence coming from the department. This position will provide a structure and workflow for the retention and processing of business contracts by ensuring uniform procedures are followed and management review/approval occurs. The position interfaces with legal counsel as necessary regarding contract issues that require clarification or legal guidance. The position also serves as a resource on contractual issues to various departments. Come join us in our brand new Boston North Shore office!
The key responsibilities for this role are :
- The Contracts Manager will develop and put in place a workflow for all agreements and contracts to be properly reviewed and approved, including a final sign off process.
- Position will also oversee Permission letters, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Termination Agreements.
- Establish and maintain contract templates for business to utilize and access, insuring key business requirements are established and adhered to.
- Establish and maintain Contracts database, insuring adherence to indexing rules and defined access for security.
- Review new agreements to ensure consistency with company approved contract terms and conditions prior to routing for management approval.
- Timely and accurate review, processing and tracking of contracts for approval and insuring business rules and contract requirements are adhered to. Develop and enforce approval policy for non-standard contract term requests and requirements.
- Timely and accurate communication of key contract information to affected departments. Proactively inform internal partners, including editorial and accounting, when agreements and amendments have been fully executed.
- Consistent and timely tracking and follow up on outstanding contracts.
- Discretionary judgment in contacting legal counsel to avoid unnecessary expenditures.
- Acquiring additional related training to develop a broader understanding of the book publishing business and any legal training related to the industry.
- Establish relationship with Finance and Royalties to insure business requirements are met and contract terms
- Partner and liaise with UK counterparts. Collaborate to establish best practices and shared information.
This role will require the following skills and qualifications:
- Firm understanding of contract terms and constructs.
- Ability to interpret nonstandard legal terms and conditions and the business implications.
- Strong negotiator and ability to see issues from all sides with a drive to create winning outcomes.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to use computers including Microsoft software products, such as Word and Excel.
- BS in Business Administration or equivalent experience and training.
- A minimum of 3-5 years' previous related experience.
- Contract management in the Publishing industry a plus.
- Previous experience developing Contract approval workflows.
- Previous experience developing Contract databases.
...then we want to hear from you!
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com. JDs not needed.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.